As a few of you know, I’ve had some exciting projects in the pipeline recently. This is one of them. I’ve been working with the guys at KBTEducation to put together a strength and conditioning course specifically with the needs of fighters in mind. It’s aimed both at PTs and conditioning coaches who work with combat sports athletes, and combat sports coaches who want to update their S&C knowledge, or gain a recognised qualification. It’ll cover general conditioning principles, together with the sport specific knowledge to help you apply them.
This course might be for you, if you’ve ever wanted to know:
- the fastest ways to make your fighters stronger and more powerful;
- how to fit strength and conditioning work into your fighters’ training plans;
- how to train for endurance that’s specific to the demands of MMA;
- how to structure a fight camp so that your athlete peaks at just the right time, without overtraining;
- how to train smart, to reduce the risk of injuries;
- how to make sure your fighter doesn’t blow all the hard work by screwing up their weight cut;
- plus lots more.
The first course is set for the 7/8th of May in the West Midlands, with more dates and venues to follow.
Places are going quickly – so have a look here for more information, or to book. http://www.kbteducation.co.uk/news/strength-and-conditioning-for-mixed-martial-arts/